Effective Date: 1/1/2020
Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect about you may include:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, postal address and email address);
- Zip code, if you submit it to search for an Assisted Living community near you;
- Information about what care and services may be of interest to you;
- If you submit a care questionnaire, information about your interest in our services and facilities, such as the individual for whom you are seeking care and your relationship to that person; level of care and diagnosis; medical history; and areas in which there is a need for assistance.
- If you make a volunteer inquiry, information about your volunteer interests;
- If you apply for a job, we may collect the following job applicant information: information contained in your resume, cover letter, transcript, or similar employment-related materials; responses to questions relating to your eligibility to work in your chosen jurisdiction, availability, educational background (including your educational institution, degree, field of study, and, for certain job opportunities, GPA); employment-related information that you publicly post to social media websites such as LinkedIn; username and password, if you create a profile to apply for a job on our website; and optional demographic information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through “Contact Us” and other website features.
Automated Collection of Information
When you use this website, we may collect certain information by automated means using technology such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and more. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the website.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide you with information about services that you request or that may be of interest to you;
- Offer promotions or conduct online or offline marketing efforts;
- Help you find an Assisted Living community near you;
- Provide customer support and respond to your inquiries;
- Customize your experiences, such as by providing personalized information, promotions, or other offers;
- If you apply for a job, we may use the job applicant information listed above to evaluate your qualifications and suitability for the desired position and to process and respond to your application, consider you for future job opportunities, or meet legal or compliance requirements (and we may also use optional demographic information on an aggregated basis for the purpose of supporting our employment equity and diversity initiatives and better understanding our applicants);
- Assess and respond to your inquiry into becoming a volunteer or partner;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including managing the website, developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our services and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain internal record keeping, administration, and tracking;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and ElderHomeFinders policies and terms, including our online Terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party ad services (e.g., Facebook, Google Ads, TradeDesk). Through such ad services, we can retarget our messaging to users of our website on other webpages and applications through interest-based and contextual means. These services track your online activities over time and across multiple websites by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The ad services use this information to show you ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad services may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve ElderHomeFinders ads, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad services. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Unsubscribe from marketing emails
To unsubscribe from marketing emails, click the “unsubscribe” link found in our marketing email messages.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Links to Non-ElderHomeFinders Sites and Services
For your convenience and information, the website may provide links to or plug-ins of non-ElderHomeFinders websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with ElderHomeFinders. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-ElderHomeFinders websites, apps or services.